Listening to the feminist icon Gloria Steinem (video, part 1)
Feminist Gloria Steinem, 81, visited Oxford on February 2016 and gave a wonderful speech. She spoke at the Oxford Union, which is a club that only Oxford University students may join. Oxford Union gets top speakers from all over the world, American journalist, author and iconic feminist Gloria Steinem being one of them.
In her speech, Steinem talked about feminism in a broad scale: how politics is actually everywhere, but we often miss to see it. Small things, women’s things, are not politics, we might think. We also should listen to each other in a new way: the one who has no power, should speak, and the one who has power, should listen. We should stop competing against one another and be linked, not ranked.
Videoblog by Oxford HotCat (Anne Moilanen) about the speech event:
Kirjoittajan aikaisemmat artikkelit
- Political Scandals & Studying at Oxford - 28.07.2016
- In Russian trolling, you can never tell for sure - 17.05.2016
- How to learn to drink Scotch properly - 15.04.2016
- Meeting Gloria Steinem (video, part 2) - 29.02.2016
- Assad is more dangerous than Isis, says a Syrian woman - 02.12.2015
- Does Mr Varoufakis sleep in the night? - 29.10.2015
- Videoblogi: Vierailu Dismalandissa - 29.09.2015
- Videoblogi: Jeremy Corbyn saa kyytiä brittimediassa - 18.09.2015